We’ve set up a specialised team dedicated to providing companies with efficient support for managing Phase 2 of the Covid-19 emergency in Italy.
"Covid: Phase 2" is a new product of services created by the firm, which will enable companies to manage Phase 2 of the Covid-19 emergency in the best way possible. The product is composed of five modules (available separately and individually).
1. Survey and an analysis of the survey results
2. Revision of contract templates and drafting of individual and collective agreements and contracts
- Work hours and duties
- Drafting agreements/regulations for the amendment of working hours (collective and individual agreements, start hours, regulations, reductions)
- Drafting of agreements for amending part-time/full-time arrangements
- Drafting/revision of flexible contracts or clauses (fixed-term contracts, temporary agency work)
- Drafting of holiday period agreements (individual or collective)
- Drafting of agreements for changing the duties of an employee pursuant to art. 2103 of the Italian Civil Code
- Drafting exceptional trade union agreements pursuant to art. 8 DL 138/2011
- “Smartworking” (remote working)
- New policies and regulations
- Instructions/individual agreements
- Protection of company data
- Policies on employee remote monitoring pursuant to art. 4 of the Workers’ Statute
- Drafting and revision of bonus and award schemes
- Drafting of contracts for consultants, agents, sellers, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Clauses concerning the suspension of work activity in case of lockdown
- Termination clauses on force majeure grounds
3. Health and safety in the workplace - supervision of Health Protocols (factories, offices shops)
- Drafting of Health Protocols for business reopening (already formulated by the RSPP - Person Responsible for Prevention and Protection and the company’s occupational health doctor) and verification of the indications issued by National Labour Inspectorate (INL).
- Drafting/review of the procedures for carrying out tests/swabs and management of serological tests/swabs: priorities, results, etc., what to do if an employee fails to comunicate or communicates false information regarding test/swab results.
- Drafting/revision of procedures in case an infected employee is present in the workplace.
- Drafting/revision of procedures for the reentry of the infected person.
- Drafting/revision of trade union agreements regarding health protocols and assistance in trade union negotiations.
- Drafting of clauses concerning compliance with company health protocols for contracts with third parties.
4. Data Privacy
- Review of data privacy issues connected to flexible working (“smartworking”)
- SWAB/TEST: formulation of a procedure for carrying them out (i.e., appointing a lab, transport of the tests, communication of the results to employees and of the employees to the employer.
- Drafting of notices for communicating test results
- Internal SURVEYS: drafting of procedures and notices for surveys involving the most fragile employee population (those who are suffering from cancer, immunocompromised, etc.)
- Tracking APP: drafting procedures and notices: verifying its compatibility with art. 4 of the Workers’ Statute (i.e. tracking bracelet) and the drafting of trade union agreements.
- Drafting trade union agreements
5.The new employee welfare benefit programmes
- Formulation and supervision of new surveys for verifying new needs (supervision of the formulation of questions)
- New types of services offered and their classification for tax purposes:
- Medical (e.g. telemedicine, caretakers, rehabilitation, etc.)
- Educational support (camps, private lessons, babysitters, mini-nurseries, etc.)
- Remote working (“smartworking") support (e.g. purchase of goods, VPN, etc.) and their relating tax benefits
- Psychological support
- Reinforcement of health surveillance in the workplace
- Trade union agreements and regulations for new employee welfare benefit programmes
- Revision of in-progress award schemes with new conditions (individual and collective)
Given the importance of this topic, our firm has set up a specialised task force dedicated to this emergency in order to support companies as best as possible. Should you have any questions regarding the employment law aspects of Phase 2 of the Covid-19 emergency in Italy, please get in touch with your usual contact at the firm, or you can get in direct contact with our task force firstname.lastname@example.org