- 1980: Law Degree, University of Milan;
- 1982: Admitted to the Italian Bar;
- 1996: Rights of audience in the Italian Supreme Court.
- Employment law;
- Labour law;
- Contracts with commercial agents;
- Civil law;
Publications and Lecturing
Franco is the author of several articles and publications on Employment Law topics, recently published including: "The Civil Code Commentary: Agency Contracts” (2014); "Individual Dismissals across Europe” (2013); "Contracts with Agents" (2012); "Labour Law" (2009); "The Civil and Commercial Law Series Agency Contracts” (2008); “Individual Dismissals across Europe” (2008); “New Information Technologies and Workers’ Rights – the employers’ power to monitor – the home worker” (2006).
He is a regular contributor to the Law column of the Italian financial newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore and a lecturer at the Academy for Employment Law Specialists run by the Italian Employment Lawyers Association (AGI) in association with the Law Society of Milan and the patronage of the Italian Bar Association. Franco regularly speaks at internal and external client seminars as well as at both national and international conferences on employment law, labour law and contracts with commercial agents.
- Former Chairman and founding member of Ius Laboris (Global Human Resources Lawyers - www.iuslaboris.com);
- Former Vice Chairman and founding member of the Italian Employment Lawyers Association (AGI, Avvocati Giuslavoristi Italiani - www.giuslavoristi.it);
- Founding member, member of the board and past-president (2003-2007) of the EELA (European Employment Lawyers Association - www.eela.org);
- Member of the IBA (International Bar Association - www.ibanet.org).